Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Revisited

Happy 2012, y'all!  I must say 2011 was a bit of a challenge for me.  There were many ups and downs, friends gained, friends lost (hopefully not forever), A LOT of inner searching and trying to find the real me.  I am naturally a very restless person and tend to change my mind every minute or so (the inner searching part was a bit difficult - After 30 years on this Earth, I don't think I'll ever be done with that particular challenge).

Here's what I did learn:


Material Things:

When there's not as much cash flow, I need to be thankful for what I do have and stop pondering on what I'm not able to buy:

A wonderful family that will tough it out with me no matter the obstacles. (That includes the extended fam that live miles away who still is offers unwavering support when times are trying)
A home that I can call my own.

Friends:

Friends grow apart... sad, but simple.
True Blue friends will not judge, they love you as you are, always.

Inner Searching:

When you reach 30, it's only natural to ask oneself:  Have I accomplished what I thought I would at this point of my life?  Were those goals realistic?
The answer?  No, my life with all its bumps and curves along the way, changed course from left to right.  Was this a bad thing?  Absolutely not!  I feel I have accomplished so much more - the goals are just different.  I love my life now and so happy that it didn't turn out as my option #1 goal.
I will always strive to be better - Just in my nature.
I have realized with my ever so changing hobbies and ideas that they always round right back to art and interior decorating.  I've always been passionate about both and have decided to stick with it, always incorporating them into what my new "obsession" may be.  Who knows where it will take me!

As I end on that note, I wanted to give you a recap of my DIY accomplishments for 2011 (A few you haven't seen yet)  Just click on the link to see full post...  I've got quite a few makeover plans for 2012.  I can't wait to share them all with you!



Before

After



Before

 After


Before

After


Before

After


Before

After




Before

Before

After


Before

 After


Before

After


Before

After

Here's a few projects that I didn't post:


Before

 After
These are now sitting at my fave consignment store in downtown Ogden: Tookiloo


Chinoise Inspired Antique Chairs Reupholstered
Before

After



 Quick Paint and Mod-Podged Fabric Tray
I made this very quickly for my Mom while she was visiting from the Philippines
 Side Table Makeover
Before

After


Upcoming Projects:



Formal Living Room Revamp: Create Storage Makeover

Family Room Facelift: Because I'm Bored



Thank you all for your support!  Without your kind words and encouragement, I think I would have given up on all of my projects.

~*Abigail*~

No comments:

Post a Comment