Thursday, January 12, 2012

Piping Tutorial from The Studious Stitch

One of my favorite things about jumping into the blogging world is making new bloggerific friends! I've traded ideas and tutorials with so many wonderful gals and guys out there.

The other week, I had stumbled upon a blog that was all about sewing projects. I am far from labeling myself a seamstress, so a big THANK YOU to Emily for creating The Studious Stitch! 




I love making my own pillow covers because 1) It's easy and 2) I can make them as unique as I want them to be and 3) It's a lot cheaper than buying premade ones at most stores.  However, I have been struggling with making my own piping.  There's something about matching piping that makes a pillow more elegant, but it's the one thing that has made me want to chuck my sewing machine through the window.  I asked Emily for some tips on how to go about this.  To my surprise, she happily agreed to post a quick tutorial on how to make your own piping. 


Check it out here if you need help like I do!


Hmmmm... maybe I can apply this to the sofa slipcover  that I plan on making soon.


~*Abigail*~

4 comments:

  1. aww thanks for posting about me! i love a little bloggy support and interaction with my readers/blogs i read... and I'm happy to oblige to pretty much any request,it gives me something to focus on in my week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily - awesooome!! Because I'll have so many more requests. ;). You're blog is great and extremely helpful, so happy you found me!

      Abigail

      Delete
  2. Hi Abigail, isn't it great finding the help you need from other bloggers? I want to get new cushion covers also but I don't sew and don't own a sewing machine and finding just what I want in the stores is just not happening. It would be so much easier if I could sew because there's plenty of lovely material out there in the colours I want. Thanks for sharing that info. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi chris have you tried etsy or madeit.com.au these places usually have alot of sellers with unique cushions in more variety than you could ever dream :D

      Delete