With Christmas just around the corner, I'm sure you all have plenty of parties to attend where you are requested to bring a little something something from your kitchen. And really, how many times are you going to show up with a vegetable tray or the ever so redundant green bean casserole?
Don't get me wrong, I am very far from being labeled a chef. I don't really enjoy cooking to be honest with you, but if I had to bring some homemade treat, I love to add a bit of wow factor to the table. I really hate bringing home leftovers and if it's really pretty, everyone is sure to have a taste.
This recipe couldn't be anymore easier than it is. The most time you'll spend on one task is slicing up some strawberries! So try it out!
2 jumbo cans of mandarin oranges, drained
2 standard pkgs of strawberries, sliced
1 C sliced almonds
2 jumbo tubs of Cool Whip
1 package pistachio/or lime Jell-o mix
1) Mix very well together Jell-o and Cool Whip in large bowl
2) Evenly spread about 1 inch thick layer of Cool Whip/Jello mixture to bottom of trifle bowl
3) Add single layer of strawberries
3) Add single layer of mandarin oranges
4) Add single layer of sliced almonds
Keep repeating until you have about an 2 inches of space left at the top and get creative with the rest of the ingredients. Definitely a crowd pleaser! You can even change up the fruit depending on what season you're making this for. Bon Appetit!
And as promised, here is a list for the BlogShare I am participating in over at Parga's Junkyard: 25 Days of Christmas. Check all of my fellow bloggers out on their day of December! Looks like a fabulous list of Christmas Everything!
- Karen - totsandme.blogspot.com - Advent Calendar
- Krystie - http://vodkaandmotherhood.com/ - Christmas Recipe
- Breana - yourmamasaidwhat.blogspot.com - Ways to Simplify the Holidays
- Kara - happy-go-lucky-harvey.blogspot.com - Red & Green Mint Brownie Bite Recipe
- Lori - bleak2unique.com - Heirloom Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- Sonya - pargasjunkyard.wordpress.com -Quick and Easy Christmas Party/Open House appetizer recipes/ideas
- Lisa B. -bythebrookdesigns.blogspot.com - Vintage Sign Instructions
- Alida - radcrafter.com - DIY Ribbon Stocking Tutorial
- Amy - pounds4pennies.blogspot.com - Handmade Gift Idea
- Abigail - You'll Have to Stay Posted!
- Pam - http://www.emptynest.com/ - Annual Christmas Oyster Roast
- Kim S. -tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com - Snow Flake Lampshade Tutorial
- Teri S. -email@example.com - thefreshmancook.blogspot.com -5 Christmas Food Gifts for the Cowboy in all of us!
- Mary Ellen - Rabbit Slippers -"The Bunnies of Christmas"
- Kelly - http://mysimplewalk.com/- Countdown the Last 10 Days to Christmas
- Clipper Girls Saving Spot - Handmade Gift Idea
- Dianne - childhoodmyths.net/blog -The Joys of the Holidays...on traditions and happiness in the family
- Heather - http://larissahill.blogspot.com/ - Blog on Holiday Traditions
- Ashley G. - firstname.lastname@example.org - Donations for the Holiday's blog
- Lisa N. - email@example.com - allergyfreecookery.blogspot.com - Allergy Friendly Christmas Menu
- Elizabeth - http://www.lizfindingmyownlife.blogspot.com - my favorite children's Christmas book and making Christmas cozy no matter where you are
- Breana - yourmamasaidwhat.blogspot.com - 100 ideas for stocking stuffers /small gift ideas
- McCall - leemeandthegirls.blogspot.com - Blog on Traditions
- Emily - mycrazybliss.com - A Christmas Craft Idea
- Sonya -Parga's Junkyard - Personal blog on Christmas with my family