Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mish Mash Part 4 ... Pantry Conversion Reveal

Last week, I left you wondering why Mr. Smitten was inside the pantry closet.  
Well, today I'll let you in on what he was up to.  


First a back story (there's always a back story).  When I first decided to build an office/art room in the basement,  I didn't realize how very little time we would be able to spend together if one of us was on the computer.  With most of the basement still unfinished, the family rarely made a trip two floors down from the main floor.  The iMac slowly began to migrate to the kitchen island or the dining table.  This drove me up the wall, so when it was time to renovate our kitchen, I realized it was the time to do something about it.


A computer nook was a perfect solution: Getting work done while still having the "togetherness" we needed.  We transferred all of our pantry goods to our kitchen island and either moved to storage or donated what we didn't need from there.  If you're like me, you'll find that you don't really need all of your kitchen supplies on hand - cooking isn't exactly my forte.

No need for too much space as we've become more and more paperless.

Fantastic industrial photograph I found while thrifting.  

Another thrifty find - $2 and the color was already perfect!


We discovered her from an antique show in Ogden, Utah.   I'm still trying to research her name.
My daughter and I are a couple of vintage Bradley Doll fans.

Our perfect little vintage/industrial/modern/mish mashed computer nook.  
Next up, how we solved our comfort and exposed media problem...





















XOXO,

~*Abigail*~

No comments:

Post a Comment