Monday, February 20, 2012

Channeling David Bromstad.... Living Room Sneak Peek


Is everyone having a fabulous Monday, so far?  I am!  I am this --- close to putting together all the finishing touches to my new and improved living room.  I am so excited to share it all with you because I am doing something a bit different - a bit bolder.  In this post, I'll give you a lot of hints with how it's all coming together.

A major giveaway is my all-time favorite HGTV show, Color Splash with host, David Bromstad.  There is not one episode of this show that hasn't inspired me in one way, shape or form.  He is a color mastermind!  I always hear myself thinking, "Oh, I wish I was that brave with color." or "He totally pulled that off, can I?" Well, I say - WHY NOT?

My idol, David Bromstad
via HGTV

Love his style!

via HGTV
So here are the colors that I'll be incorporating into the furniture, decor, and walls.  I am, however staying mum about how I'm using them.  Don't you just love how I shed light on a current project and then pull you right back into the dark?  Bwahahahaha...  I really am laughing out loud right now.  I'm sick in the head like that.

Like any other room, I'll be using different shades and textures of each color.




Did I hear you just say, "Oh no, she didn't"?  Oh yes... Yes, I did.  I'm using small doses of these two colors below.  It's going to be sooooo much fun.  


Onto furniture and decor...

I need some textiles, extra furniture, storage solutions and fun accents.

I need a new area rug

I loooove tufted chairs!
via Perlora

I want some sort of mirrored chunk of furniture.  Not this one - too pricey for something being sold at Downeast.

I've been toying around with the idea of adding some ceramic garden stools to the room, but having a hard time finding some that are affordable.  These stools from Pier1 are $100 a pop.  Yikes!

Last, but not least, I'd like to add a fab Buddha Head sculpture into the mix.  Just because I feel like it.


So, there you have it.  I gave away quite a bit of what I've been keeping under wraps.  The only person that I've sent progress pictures to is my sister, Winnie of Fam Och in the Yukon.  She's doing an awesome job of keeping her lips sealed.  Keep watch because next week I want to wow you with the transformation.  Here's another reminder of what is used to look like:

Ewww

~*Abigail*~

No comments:

Post a Comment